Re: devel/got-portable: build failure on Darwin, if ossp-uuid is linked

On 23/07/05 10:41AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Paolo Vincenzo Olivo <vins%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > Regardless, the configure script searches for uuid/uuid.h on macOS.
> > By comparing PLISTs for devel/libuuid and devel/ossp-uuid, I noticed
> > that while libuuid installs a ${PREFIX}/include/uuid/uuid.h header,
> > ossp-uuid installs a ${PREFIX}/include/uuid.h header, and that's
> > probably why the configure script doesn't find it.
> >
> > So either stick to libuuid on macOS too or patch the program to point to
> > the correct include path when ossp-uuid is used.
> > What does Greg think of that?
>
> See the config.log that Manuel posted.   The issue is not failing to
> find it, but a type clash with builtin.

Understood; at this point I see no reason to not rely on libuuid on
macOS too, instead of maintaining an additional patch, be it trivial.
Apparently libuuid is not available on macOS via Homebrew, while OSSP
uuid is: a very likely reason for the got-portable README to recommend
ossp-uuid as dependency on macOS in place of libuuid.
I'll push the change to the package Makefile.

Kindest regards
--
PVO | https://retrobsd.ddns.net