Re: devel/got-portable: build failure on Darwin, if ossp-uuid is linked

Paolo Vincenzo Olivo <vins%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Understood; at this point I see no reason to not rely on libuuid on
> macOS too, instead of maintaining an additional patch, be it trivial.
> Apparently libuuid is not available on macOS via Homebrew, while OSSP
> uuid is: a very likely reason for the got-portable README to recommend
> ossp-uuid as dependency on macOS in place of libuuid.
> I'll push the change to the package Makefile.

If libuuid is ok, then I wonder why not use it everywhere?  It feels a
bit icky  and contrary to the pkgsrc way to change the build based on OS
when not absolutely necessary.   And, it seems worth an upstream bug
report that they recommend a library which clashes with the operating
system.