Re: mwm(1) is a mess UGHGH!

    Date:        Wed, 14 Jun 2023 16:01:56 +0000
    From:        Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Is their a way to add this to perlman2?

Sorry, I have no idea what that is.   (Nor do I really have an urge to learn).

  | I have never seen this as a way to show a man-page

It is unusual for man pages, but occasionally something is complex
enough to require it.   It is the normal way to process *roff
documents (of which man pages are a sub-class).

For something as simple (conceptually) as a window manager, I'd normally
expect mandoc to be able to cope (it can handle most tables) - but only
if the page is not already part processed, which that one seemed to be.

Old man commands used to simply run *roff (nroff usually) with no
preprocessing, so it is not all that unusual for some projects to
preprocess the data so *roff is all that is required.   That doesn't
work well with pseudo-roff tools (like mandoc, and presumably perlman2)
which process the whole thing themselves.

kre