NetBSD desktop setup

Long ago, I developed a tool for fully configuring a desktop system
using any DE or WM on FreeBSD:

https://github.com/outpaddling/desktop-installer/

This tool is quite sophisticated, mature and robust at this stage.

A few days ago, I got around to creating a rudimentary analog for
NetBSD, which proved to be pretty straightforward.  The concepts are
pretty much the same as on FreeBSD, but most of the specific
configuration commands are different in some way.  I've since added the
NetBSD script to the project above and begun to separate the OS-specific
from the common files.

The current incarnation is in wip/desktop-installer in case anyone is
interested.

At this stage, the script can configure CTWM, LXDE, or XFCE from a
minimal NetBSD install, in about 5 or 10 minutes, and augments the XDM
login screeen with a background and Reboot/Shutdown/Restart-X11 buttons.
 Some screenshots are attached.

On amd64, there are currently no binary packages for KDE, LXTQ, or MATE
(though metapackages exist in the tree), and the Gnome package fails to
install due to dependency issues.

I also noticed that many of the binary packages are behind the source
tree, which makes it difficult to work around issues and test updated
packages.  E.g. one cannot save time using "pkgin install gcc9" and then
build qt6 apps from source, since pkgsrc will try to build the newer
gcc9 in the tree as a dependency.

So, I think the most important step for making this system viable will
be getting the DE packages fixed and getting the binary packages more
up-to-date in general.

Having up-to-date CURRENT binary packages would be really helpful for
developing and testing desktop-installer, though I realize that keeping
up with all the commits to current would be pretty resource-intensive.
FreeBSD does so for x86 and aarch64, but not other platforms.

Beyond that, it appears from my brief exploration that it would not be
too difficult to replicate the major functionality of the FreeBSD
desktop-installer script on NetBSD.

For example, I think most of the pieces exist for automounting external
media, and we would just need to port the following:

https://github.com/vermaden/automount (I think this could be ported to
NetBSD's devpubd without much trouble)
https://github.com/outpaddling/npmount (done, see wip/npmount)
https://github.com/outpaddling/qmediamanager (partially done, see
wip/qmediamanager)

I'll keep poking at this as time permits.  If anyone else has something
to contribute, please chime in...