Re: py-frozendict fails to build

Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 09:58:21AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> netbsd-9, amd64, pkgsrc head, and thus py310
>>
>> It tries to build the wheel.  I can't follow the twisty maze of optional
>> args in setup.py.
>>
>> Does this build for anyone else?
>
> Yes, but i'm using python 3.11.

> (Perhaps we should default to that after the next branch.)

A reasonable concept on its own merits, but that doesn't bear on whether
it's ok for this not to build with 3.10!

I was earlier thinking that it was getting to be 3.11 time, to be
contemplated after branch cut.  To me a clue is that Home Assistant is
about to desupport 3.10.  While that's unreasonably aggressive,
desupporting N has tended to line up with it being time for N+1 to be
default.

> We've disabled the C extension because it doesn't support Python 3.11.

Understood, and that seems reasonable.

> I guess you have py-cython installed and we haven't disabled it well enough.

I do, but I don't know why.  I'm building not via pbulk so random things
are installed.

> I gave it another try, please update and try again.

Thank you for fixing; it builds ok now (with no other intended changes).