Re: Darwin bootstrap failure

On 5/31/23 03:50, Benny Siegert wrote:
Yeh, at this point we should probably just remove it, make skew the
default, and recommend users use MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET if they want
to be specific about their target SDK.

This seems to be all that's needed.  The simplified Darwin.mk checks for
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, and if not defined, checks for OSX_SDK_PATH,
and it that's not define, falls back on the default path, which should
be the symlink /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk.

Quick question: does a change in MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET need a
re-bootstrap? I.e. if I bootstrapped without setting it and want to
fix the value now by adding the variable to mk.conf, does that just
work?

Updating mk.conf should work.  Darwin.mk is included during each package
build.

It looks like the bootstrap script merely adds it to mk.conf.  Have a
look at <pkgsrc-dir>/bootstrap/bootstrap:

if test -n "$MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"; then
        echo "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET= $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"
>>${TARGET_MKCONF}
        echo "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET= $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"
>>${BOOTSTRAP_MKCONF}
fi