Re: shells/oh-my-posh

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 11:32 AM Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%mnx.io@localhost> wrote:
> If it's simply a build issue then at some point it will probably start
> working automatically.  Packages that have spurious ONLY_FOR_* added to
> them tend to end up masked and hidden for years after they would have
> built fine if left alone.  It also means that the failures never show up
> in bulk builds so people are not made aware of them and be able to do
> something about it.

On the other hand, failed builds waste resources. So if a package is
very large (say Firefox-sized), it makes sense to mark it as
unavailable on platforms where we know it won't work, so that the
builder does not spend hours on this. I am not saying that this is the
case for oh-my-posh though.

--
Benny