Re: BLAS: Does cblas interface work with BLAS types other than netlib

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 05:10:42PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Sure. I'll try and tinker for a day and share the updates and log if
> needed.

[My lost 2 emails have not reached the list, not sure why. Hoping this
does.]

I want to understand this a bit more clearly:

The package that uses BLAS is wip/dlib-cpp and it produces libdlib.a

Then there is my application say a.out which links against libdlib.a and
does not directly call anything from BLAS.

Now the choice of openblas implementation is to be made when - when
creating libdlib.a or when creating a.out?

To the extent I see cblas.h, it has only API signatures, no structures
etc. The cblas.h of various variants isn't exactly same, but for the
moment let's keep the corner case issues aside and assume the package
(dlib) uses a subset of APIs that the other variants (pthread etc)
support.

--
Mayuresh