PKGPATH conditions in mk.conf (was: Re: Recipe to address cyclic deps for bulkbuild?)

Am 11.08.2022 um 12:30 schrieb nia:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 12:15:28PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
Just like we can set PKG_OPTIONS.pkgbase, can package specific values be
provided for other variables - say PKGSRC_COMPILER.

.if !empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5)

Just out of interest: since PKGPATH is guaranteed to be defined in
mk.conf and since it contains a single word only, the above condition
can also be written as:

.if ${PKGPATH} == lang/perl5

.if ${PKGPATH} == "lang/perl5"

.if ${PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5}

I wonder whether there is any benefit of the '!empty' over the above
alternatives, other than "we've always done it like that".

Roland