Re: ansible updated to 5.7.1

> Am 21.05.2022 um 13:27 schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:
>

> "oskar%fessel.org@localhost" <oskar%fessel.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> In this instance, the ansible dependency chaned from ansible-base to ansible-core.
>> While this is straightforward and ist quite nicely tracking upstream,
>> it breaks Pkg._rolling-replace and also my rather esoteric ansible
>> workflow for updating ansible on remote systems via ansible…
>>
>> So, how to resolve this short of deinstalling ansible and reinstalling it?
>>
>> => Verifying update for ../../sysutils/ansible-core
>> ===> Resuming update for ansible-core-2.13.0
>> => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20211023: found digest-20220214
>> ===> Installing binary package of ansible-core-2.13.0
>> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with ansible-base-2.10.17: bin/ansible
>> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>> *** Error code 1
>
> Your choices are basically:
>
>  Write a script to pkg_delete -f ansible-base and then pkg_add ansible,
>  or just pkg_delete both and pkg_add.
>
>  Build binary packages, either by hand with deletions or in a bulk
>  build.  Use pkgin to update.  Maybe pkgin deals with this situation,
>  maybe it doesn't.  If not it is probably not super hard -- but might
>  still be 20h of work -- to add support.   The question is if pkgin
>  deletes everything that is going away and then adds, or if it tries to
>  pkg_add -u.

That’s what i thought.
If you are closely monitoring the pkg bulk build, that’s not a real problem, just fix this and restart.  It was a little inconvenient because the machine i am running the bulk build on usually takes 3 days for this and unfortunately refreshes pkgsrc after the build process…
I think I’ll have to tweak some configurations…

Cheers
	Oskar