Re: Modular Xorg vs. native Xorg

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 09:42, Patrick Welche <prlw1%talktalk.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 08:28:59AM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 08:17, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using native Xorg; over the years some packages from Modular have
> > > been pulled by some programs and have been working without a problem.
> > >
> > > On my last pkg_rolling-replace I got a number of failures related to
> > > the present inability to build required modular Xorg packages whilst
> > > using native - e.g. net/tigervnc requires libXfont2, which now fails
> > > with
> > > ERROR: This package has set PKG_SKIP_REASON:
> > > ERROR: Package set is using native X11 component
> > > (my present libXfont2 is from February this year). The same is
> > > happening also with packages depending on libXft (this one also now
> > > needs modular Xorg, but my last successful build was on the 8th of
> > > April, so the change is recent).
> > >
> > > Do we still have the option of using, say. net/tigervnc, with native
> > > Xorg? What would be the right way to sort this out, short of switching
> > > to modular?
> >
> > To answer my second question, I commented out the buidllink3 .include
> > lines for libXft and libXfont2 from its Makefile, now net/tigervnc
> > builds without the modular ones and links to the native ones, working
> > just fine.
>
> On my -current system:
>
> $ cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/libXft
> $ make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.libXft
> yes
> $ cd ../libXfont2
> $ make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.libXfont2
> yes
>
> Is that not the case for you?

No, I get empty lines; here were no variables set for these packages
in /etc/mk.conf. If I add to the latter the lines

USE_BUILTIN.libXfont2=yes
USE_BUILTIN.libXft=yes

I do get the above, of course, but still I get:

❯ make
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20211023: found digest-20220214
ERROR: This package has set PKG_SKIP_REASON:
ERROR: Package set is using native X11 component
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/libXfont2

And the same for libXft.

--
----