Re: Patch: Buildlink binaries from math/qhull for wip/prusaslicer

On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 01:01, Paul Ripke <stix%stix.id.au@localhost> wrote:

> Thanks for the note! Yes, I've been maintaining wip/prusaslicer for a
> while now, and running it on a netbsd-9 amd64 box. The only major
> glitch I've seen is occasionally hitting some glx/i965 memory
> allocation error:
>
> i965: Failed to submit batchbuffer: Cannot allocate memory
>
> on complex models that causes either corrupt rendering or process
> crash. That might even be fixed on current with the drm updates.
> I've successfully sliced and printed models from thingiverse,
> prusaprinters, as well as my own designs in onshape and openscad (I'm
> still figuring our blender).
>
> I'm curious what upgrades you needed - I'm building wip/prusaslicer
> with pkgsrc-2021Q4 successfully right now (with this patch)?

It is pkgsrc -current as of 3-4 days ago; wip - just pulled. I didn't
need the packages updated specifically for prusaslicer - my build
machine was in a flux after a misunderstood use of pkg_chk and I had
to go through the reinstallation of a number of packages.

So far I tested it running on a separate -current system from four
days ago, it is a VirtualBox guest; I will install it tomorrow on real
hardware.

> On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 09:24:36PM +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > FYI I finally got prusaslicer built after the above patch was applied
> > and a bunch of other packages upgraded; it seems to work well on my
> > -current system - I just sliced an example model, produced by OpenSCAD
> > on the same machine.
> >
> > On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 10:19, Paul Ripke <stix%stix.id.au@localhost> wrote:
> > >
> > > I figure I should start flushing local patches out of my tree...
> > >
> > > This one helps the wip/prusaslicer build.
> > >

> --
> Paul Ripke
> "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds
>  discuss people."
> -- Disputed: Often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. 1948.

Chavdar

--
----