Re: How to tell pbulk to keep logs for successfully built ports

Am 24.12.2021 um 00:57 schrieb manphiz:
Hi,

AIUI pbulk will clean the logs of successfully built packages
automatically.  I wonder whether there is an option to let pbulk keep
the build logs, or better, the build logs of specific ports?  I'm
asking this as some of the successfully built ports are having runtime
issues[1] and saving the build logs may help debugging.

https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/pkgtools/pbulk/files/pbulk/scripts/pkg-build

At the end of that file, you can comment out the very last line, which
currently says "rm -R ${bulklog}/${pkgname}".  To keep only certain
build logs, you can wrap this command in a 'case' statement:

case ${pkgname} in
gnupg-*)
	# keep the log files
	;;
*)
	rm -R ${bulklog}/${pkgname}
	;;
esac

In the function 'cleanup', you can see that there is a configuration
option named 'keep_wrkdir'.  That's for extreme cases where the
build.log is not enough.

After editing this file, re-build pkgtools/pbulk.

Roland