Re: gcc10 with Ada support added to wip

Am Sat, 6 Nov 2021 10:37:33 +0000
schrieb "Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:
> The difference between 9.2 and -current has grown up quite a bit, I'd
> say. I've had a few other occasions when stuff was reluctant to work
> under -current and had to be frogmarched somehow. If one is running
> rolling pkgsrc (pkg_rolling-replace every ten days or so) on a
> -current system (updated daily), one is expecting things to break from
> time to time. All in all, my NetBSD systems have been remarkably
> well-behaved.
>

> > P.S: did you 'make clean' between option changes? I have had 'make
> > patch' fail if it had already patched the system.
>
> Yes, every attempt started with 'make clean'. The 'make patch'
> failures were always due to not being able to locate the target file
> to patch.
>

> > Regards,
> > Fer
> >

> Cheers,
>
> Chavdar
>
> --
> ----

I come with good news and bad news... Good news is that it works in
NetBSD-current. It was built successfully by racoon on 9.99.92 and me
just today.

I suppose racoon built it in a sandbox. I built it in a clean install
that I just did, so equivalent to a sandbox.

So... I do not know what is wrong with your setup. gcc6-aux should not
require ISL, since it is not being configured for it and it is not
pulling it as a dependency. And your gcc10-aux was failing in libgcc...
Which is not something that I have touched at all...

If you could send me the make logs, I could take a closer look. But
with the issues that you have been having, I would say that you have
some flag, environment, system or variable configured in a way that
makes gcc6-aux/gcc10-aux break. I am not saying it is intentional. If
you have been rocking -current for a while, I suppose that after some
updates and changes, something is bound to change in an unexpected way.

I am currently running 'make test' to see if there are any differences
with NetBSD-9.2.

Regards,
Fer