Re: gcc10 with Ada support added to wip

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 09:55, Fernando Oleo Blanco <irvise_ml%irvise.xyz@localhost> wrote:

> Am Fri, 5 Nov 2021 23:40:57 +0000
> schrieb "Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:
> >
> > With
> > ..
> >  make show-options
> > These options are enabled by default:
> >         gcc-ada gcc-c++ gcc-fortran gcc-graphite gcc-inplace-math
> >         nls
> >
> > These options are currently enabled:
> >         gcc-ada gcc-graphite gcc-inplace-math nls
> >
> > I get the same error. I tried leaving only gcc-ada, but 'make patch'
> > fails.
> >

> > > Regards,
> > > Fer
> > >

> > Chavdar
> >
> > --
> > ----
>
> Thank you for your time and effort. Jay Patelani has also successfully
> built gcc10-aux in NetBSD 9.2. Since now we have 3 successful builds
> (Jay's system, my system and sandbox) in NetBSD 9.2 amd64, I am now
> setting up NetBSD-current (9.99.92) to try it out.
>
> I do not expect any major failures (unless NetBSD has decided to break
> even more symbols) but I will keep you updated :)

The difference between 9.2 and -current has grown up quite a bit, I'd
say. I've had a few other occasions when stuff was reluctant to work
under -current and had to be frogmarched somehow. If one is running
rolling pkgsrc (pkg_rolling-replace every ten days or so) on a
-current system (updated daily), one is expecting things to break from
time to time. All in all, my NetBSD systems have been remarkably
well-behaved.

> P.S: did you 'make clean' between option changes? I have had 'make
> patch' fail if it had already patched the system.

Yes, every attempt started with 'make clean'. The 'make patch'
failures were always due to not being able to locate the target file
to patch.

> Regards,
> Fer

Cheers,