How do I tell pkgsrc to install from packages/All instead of rebuilding?

Hi, all

The question is in the subject. It's very annoying to build a set of packages and then when I have to rebuild something new (on a new install) the old packages are rebuilt even though they're sitting in packages/All.

Basically the behavior I want is that when I go to build a new package, pkgsrc checks to see if it's dependencies are installed, if they're not installed are they in packages/All and only if the package doesn't exist then rebuild; otherwise su pkg_add packages/All/<whatever the dependency is>.

I'm assuming that there's a knob somewhere I simply haven't known to turn, a setting to specify. I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!