Re: gtk3 option for misc/libreoffice

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 16:09, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

The original problem is fixed.  However, in calc and in "word mode"
there is no menu displayed at the top of the window!  There is a
tool-bar near the top, with many buttons on it, but there is no
menu-bar (no File, Edit, View, Sheet, etc.)

I tried to break it under -current; couldn't. Everything works just
fine for me. What is 'word mode' - in calc only?

"Word mode" was meant to indicate processing of a text document,
as opposed to processing a spreadsheet.

So just running lowriter - absolutely no problems for me.

Just to make sure, I disabled all my "theme" settings, and deleted
every other libreoffice-related config file on the system!  It still
fails to display the menu bar.  Interestingly, with the User Inter-
face option I can toggle the menu bar, and the small gap between the
window edge and the tool-bar comes and goes, but there's never any
content (other than the "X" icon, for "Close", at the right-hand end
of the gap).

I might still have some gtk setting somewhere to interfere with the
menu so I'll keep looking.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |