Re: gtk3 option for misc/libreoffice

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 14:06, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2021, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am working on updating misc/libreoffice to 7.1.2.2.
> >> I will confirm the scrollbar problem.
> >
> > Thank you for the quick fix/update.
> >
> > I can confirm that 7.1.2.2 seems to work correctly!
>
> Oooppss I spoke too soon!
>
> The original problem is fixed.  However, in calc and in "word mode"
> there is no menu displayed at the top of the window!  There is a
> tool-bar near the top, with many buttons on it, but there is no
> menu-bar (no File, Edit, View, Sheet, etc.)

I tried to break it under -current; couldn't. Everything works just
fine for me. What is 'word mode' - in calc only?

Overall, when using the gtk3 option, for me LibreOffice is much better
than without it - then it would very slowly pop down the menus etc.,
now it is instantaneous. All this running on a VirtualBox guest...

I'd suggest trying it with a fresh user account on the system, without
any changes to the gtk3 settings etc.

--
----