Re: To remove or not to remove

* On 2021-02-13 at 16:46 GMT, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 16:10, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > We had some subprefix support for Postgres at some point, but it is
> > maintainance overhead again and not required that often...
>
> IIRC joyent have support for this in their pkgsrc - it would be good
> if someone(tm) had the time to look at merging it in...

Not exactly, I have patches to support being able to build packages
against multiple versions of postgres, so that you aren't tied to
running PGSQL_VERSION_DEFAULT.

You still can't install multiple versions of postgres simultaneously.

For those interested, this is the "pbulkmulti" branch:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/tree/joyent/feature/pbulkmulti/trunk

which also supports multi-mysql.  It's one of those feature branches
I've intended to commit for years but never gotten around to, mostly
because I want to merge mysql.buildlink3.mk without breaking anything.