Re: To remove or not to remove

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 8:14 AM Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:41:38PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 19:50:47 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> >
> >> databases/postgresql95 - soon is going to reach end-of-life, and we
> >> have 5 other versions
> >
> > While I don't have any desire personally to keep this, it is about to,
> > on Feb 11, have a final release.
>
> While here: What is best practice to upgrade PostgreSQL within pkgsrc?

 Aren't there DESTDIR or PREFIX tricks you can play during (b)make install? ((b)make should be run with the mk.conf for linking purposes).

I'm still doing the good old pg_dumpall cycle for most installations.
pg_upgrade is only used for the biggest database (> 100GB), in that case
I prepare a second bootstrap.

This is basically how every other package manager does it..