Re: math/blas not compiling due to gcc7 error

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 8:38 AM <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 07:36:13AM +0000, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi Connor,
>
> This one is a NetBSD-specific problem. I recall it being fixed, but
> apparently we miss some patches.
>
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/50646

.. Upon further inspection, I got it confused with another very similar
sounding fix, which is why I thought it was already patched :-)

It looks like my replies to this PR are wrong.

Hi Maya,

well your PR seems very similar:

 Log Message:
 PR/50646: Use the c99 cabs math builtins directly, because cabs and cabsf
 have broken ABI's can cabsl does not exist. The correct(?) probably fix is
 to change the cabs builtins to point to the c99 variants directly...
 XXX: pullup-7 and the same file from the gcc.old tree.

So it is a problem of the gcc and not of the compiled packages (math/blas), right?

Could it be that gcc-7.5.0 and up is missing the correct cabX patches and a downgrade to gcc-4.9 would fix the problem?

Regards,
Connor