Re: To remove or not to remove

On 09/02/2021 13:05, voidpin wrote:

Maybe things have changed since then?
====
pin@mybox $ pkg_info | grep glib2
glib2-tools-2.66.4  GLib2/gobject python-dependent tools
glib2-2.66.4        Some useful routines for C programming (glib2)
pin@mybox $ pkg_info | grep py27
pin@mybox $ please pkgin install gtk2+
calculating dependencies...done.

1 package to install:
   gtk2+-2.24.33

Based on that (and in fact my current pkgin output as well) it does ooks that way yes. My last dig into this was about a month ago so it is possible.

Perhaps the python2 refusing to entertain security patches and the libraries dropping support finally exerted enough pressure for things to change. If so that's great news. :)

Mike