Re: To remove or not to remove

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 7:10 PM Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Greetings,

Here is a list of packages I would to remove from PkgSrc, preferably within a week or two. If there is an objection, please, let me know.

Kind regards,
Adam

lang/python36 - more and more packages are incompatible with this version of Python; we have 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9 to choose from

On the contrary, lots of recent py3 code has python36 set as the minimum version. Also, to align with other package systems such as Centos or Cygwin, which still maintain 3.6. (In fact, for development on Cygwin I have to use Py36 due to the way Python3 metapackage, numpy, etc. are packaged there while my staging and production environments are pkgsrc).

textproc/py-cjson - only for Python 2.7; no dependencies

www/py-cherrypy17 - Python 2.7 version of www/py-cherrypy

Seeing as Python27 is still being maintained in pkgsrc, is there any other justification for removal other than "old"?