Re: pkgsrc bootstrap fails on DilOS

* On 2021-01-06 at 11:43 GMT, Hung Nguyen Gia wrote:

> BTW, I found OS_VARIANT was defined as empty in bsd.prefs.mk and
> there seemed to be no documents about how to use it.

There is this section in bsd.prefs.mk:

  # OS_VARIANT is used to differentiate operating systems which have a common
  # basis but offer contrasting environments, for example Linux distributions
  # or illumos forks.
  OS_VARIANT?=            # empty

Later on it is set on a per-OS basis, for example if "uname -v"
matches joyent_* then it's set to "SmartOS":

  .  if !empty(_UNAME_V:Mjoyent_*)
  OS_VARIANT=             SmartOS

and can then be used for example in x11/xorg-cf-files/Makefile:

  # SmartOS puts compiler tools in /usr/bin and does not come with lex/yacc.
  .if ${OS_VARIANT} == "SmartOS"

That's all there is to it.