Re: I can't get accented vowels in many text editors

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 12:23:55 -0300
Silas <silas%nocafe.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 10:46:26AM -0300, Mandacarú Cascavel wrote:
> >Hello friends,
> >I can't get accented vowels (â, á, à, ã, etc.) for Brazilian
> >Portuguese in several text editors (texstudio, texmaker, texworks,
> >kate), and also in LibreOffice Writer. On the other hand, everything
> >works fine on Gummi, emacs, vim, claws-mail, pidgin, etc. For an end
> >user like me, the lack of accentuation significantly limits the
> >functionality of the system.
>
> Hello.  What's your environment?  Basic question... but I believe
> you have your LANG environment variable correctly set to something
> like pt_BR.UTF-8 or en_US.UTF-8, right?

I think the correct answer for the default locale settings should be:

waiwai: {1} locale
LANG=""
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=""

But, after changing to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 nothing happened.

Thanks.