Re: pkgsrc bootstrap fails on DilOS

As my research show DilOS is a GNU Userland running ontop of the Illumos kernel. All of the utilities so far are the GNU version commonly found on a typical Linux distribution. The only exception is the linker, it's the Solaris linker commonly to all Illumos distros, not the GNU ld.

DilOS used userland from Debian in particular.

I tried to modifed tools.SunOS.mk, but finally abandoned the effort because I think DilOS userland is just Debian which is anti-Illumos when everything lives on /bin and /usr/bin. If I modified it to work under DilOS, it will break on other Illumos distros. I think we will need a separate tools.DilOS.mk, unless somehow we could have logic like 'if os name = DilOS then bla bla...' in tools.SunOS.mk.  I'm not good at make files so I don't know if it's possible or not.

Almost forgot, uname -s on DilOS just prints SunOS, like other Illumos distros.

gh

Sent using Zoho Mail

---- On Mon, 04 Jan 2021 20:26:42 +0700 Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote ----