Re: lang/go on macOS 11.0.1/arm ("Apple Silicon")

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 2:05 PM, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> As a follow up: pkgsrc-current now has Go 1.16 (beta 1) as lang/go116,
> and it is the default for macOS on ARM *only*.

Thanks, works like a charm.

> On Dec 15, 2020, at 6:35 AM, Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Apparently, there are issues around notarization of binaries.
> Only for ARM binaries or for 11.x in general?
> There's still the option of using an AMD64 binary for bootstrap.

As far as I understand this only affects ARM binaries. I’m currently unable to find an authoritative source for that, since Apple seems to have removed the release notes most people link to. See for example: https://mjtsai.com/blog/2020/08/19/apple-silicon-macs-to-require-signed-code/

The issue related to that in the go repo is quite informative: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/42684

—
Pierre Beaucamp <postmaster%pierrebeaucamp.name@localhost>