Re: Cannot add net/unifi into pbulk - devel/scons unresolvable

On 13/12/2020 21:49, Greg Troxel wrote:
It seems there is a bug lurking; you should have gotten a failure for
whichever package you didn't stick the license in ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES,
not a scan failure.

The new problem is that everything is building with python 38, but it
seems mongodb3 requires python 27 :(

Is there any way to get this to play nicely?

Other than having to hav py3X-scons not installed when you build
mongodb3, and perhaps a desire to get rid of python 27 from yuor system,
is there any real problem?

The only problem is that my build build with limited list won't build it - another scan failure (see title).
presolve shows no failures and even locates py27-scons

How can I tell pbulk building python 27 bits is fine with a limited list, which is probably the cause of my problem?

While I appreciate the efforts to keep the more better licensed
mongodb3 around for unifi controller 5 (Hi Greg!), maybe it's time to
add controller 6 to work with mongodb4?

I didn't realize that 6 uses mongodb4 -- I was only holding off because
of 1) lack or roun tuits 2) no urgent problem using 5 still and 3) still
a bit scared after seeing reports that the first release or two of 6
worked badly enough that people lost the ability to admin their
networks.   Now I am down to 1, but such a change is too disruptive just
before the branch.

No rush.
Just looking to move my controller (using 6 with good success btw) from my Windows machine to my NetBSD server now I've moved building resources off it to a new host.

I am unclear on the mongo 4 license and how problematic it is -- whether
it is merely not open source or truly problematic.  I remember a fairly
big kerfluffle when it came out.  Of course, the net/unifi license is
not open source, but that's not from a company whose home page seems to
try to sell proprietary licenses to an open-core product but does not
contain the words "open source" or "free software".

Debian has declined to accept it as DFSG-free:

But, we are only talking about adding unifi6 and maybe dropping 5,
nothing more.  So there is probably not a reason to do anything other
than update (with adequate functional testing).

Update is fine for me (maybe move net/unify to net/unify5?). As you say, unifi is not open source at all and from my perspective as a user I just need to build it :) And the user can accept or deny any license they so choose - we have other non free licenses in pkgsrc.

Roy