Issues with newer Python versions

I have a separate thread already where I am trying to make sure I know how to properly report a bug. That being said, is anyone else experiencing problems using modern Python when building certain packages? I am running python39 and, for example, continue to receive attribute errors. I am capable enough (I think) to tinker and fix them, but I am wondering if I should just downgrade versions. Perhaps there is a recommended stable version of Python for building packages from source? I am running current, so would expect things like this to happen. Just wondering what I can do to make my current builds more stable besides fixing one-off issues here and there.