Re: xfce4-wm fails on netbsd-8/amd64

On 2020-10-15 03:38, nia wrote:
OK to commit this hack?

Hi Nia,

From my perspecitve, please do, thanks! (I set up a new NetBSD
8.2_STABLE test environment and that worked for me, as expected.)

I was looking into adjusting the configure script, but haven't really
had time to get into it. I haven't reported the issue upstream (or
checked to see if it's already reported). libXres provides a pkgconfig
file that specifies its version, so I'm not sure offhand why upstream
didn't use that in some way, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, I
agree the main thing is to worry about NetBSD right now.

(Now, the xfce4 meta-package also doesn't build under NetBSD 8.x
because xfce4-terminal's vte3 dependency sets GCC_REQD+=7, which links
vte3 against libraries that its dependants can't find, since they don't
factor that in. The same is true for gnome-terminal and mate-terminal.
This isn't new; it was an issue with 2020Q2 as well.)

Thanks,

Dave

# $NetBSD$

.if !defined(XFCE4_WM_HACKS_MK)
XFCE4_WM_HACKS_MK=    defined

# Unfortunately, the check in xfwm's configure script simply determines
# whether XRes is available, not its version.
# It's using XRes 1.2 features, but the base version installed in NetBSD 8.x
# is too old to support that.
.if ${OPSYS} == "NetBSD" && !empty(OS_VERSION:M[5678].*) && \
${X11_TYPE} == "native"
CONFIGURE_ENV+=    ac_cv_lib_XRes_XResQueryClients=no
.endif

.endif # XFCE4_WM_HACKS_MK