Re: tmux patch

Hej,

I did some experimentation.  But I am not able to pinpoint the difference in my seemingly identical configured systems.

> On NetBSD-current this reports yes, because our libcurses depends on libterminfo so it should resolve fine.

> This is the real error.
> tmux is *NOT* a curses program, it's a terminfo program.
> tmux as bundled with NetBSD base system does NOT link to curses, just terminfo.

That’s the weird thing, it configures fine outside pkgsrc.  On NetBSD 9.99.15 up to 9.99.72.
it fails as pkgsrc package on 9.99.67 and 9.99.72 whereas it build fine with 9.99.15.
All are running pkgsrc -current cvs’ed at the same time every day.

> tmux configure makes the assumption that curses *must* support terminfo - this of course is a design error because curses does not state anything about terminfo.
>
> It's not helped by ncurses putting curses functions into libtinfo to encourage this misconception. curses backed by the old termcap is still curses.
>
>> since no one came up with a better solution, i must assume i am the only one using tmux 3.1b on NetBSD.
>> so, here is what I did, please check - it should not have any effect on other platforms.
>> I did not figure out how to invoke autoconf in order to patch configure.ac which should be the correct way in order to submit upstream.
>
> You could probably just put FAKE_NCURSES=YES in the tmux Makefile as it currently uses the curses pkgsrc framework to make dealing with ncurses more manageable.
>
> Saying that, the package as is builds fine for me as it stands.

what version of NetBSD are you running?

Cheers
	Oskar