Re: tmux patch (was: nvi with split system ncurses)

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 22:15, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 18:43, <oskar%fessel.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Hej all,

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I don't use tmux, but it seams it is searching for ncurses|tinfo.
> > > In NetBSD setupterm is in libterminfo.
> > >
> > > You could patch the configure script to test for setupterm in -lterminfo.
> > >
> > since no one came up with a better solution, i must assume i am the only one using tmux 3.1b on NetBSD.
> > so, here is what I did, please check - it should not have any effect on other platforms.
> > I did not figure out how to invoke autoconf in order to patch configure.ac which should be the correct way in order to submit upstream.
>
> ➜  ~ tmux -V
> tmux next-3.2
> ➜  ~ whence tmux
> /usr/local/bin/tmux
> ➜  ~ uname -a
> NetBSD ymir 9.99.72 NetBSD 9.99.72 (GENERIC) #9: Wed Sep  2 17:47:42
> BST 2020  sysbuild@ymir:/home/sysbuild/amd64/obj/home/sysbuild/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> amd64
>
> This version builds right away for me.

And this actually reminded me to rebuild it, as I haven't done it recently -

➜  tmux (master) ✔ tmux -V
tmux next-3.3
➜  tmux (master) ✔ ls -l $(whence tmux)
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 4972032 Sep  6 22:15 /usr/local/bin/tmux
➜  tmux (master) ✔ tmux -V
tmux next-3.3

--
----