Re: math/blas not compiling due to gcc7 error

> On 18 Aug 2020, at 09:35, Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 2:11 AM Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>

>> I am unsure if this is an error of blas by calling the undefined
>> reference in libgfortran.so or by gcc7 to have experienced an error
>> during building of its fortran compiler.
>>

> I'm also getting a fortran error during configuring for math/coinmp:
>
> configure: C++ compiler options are: -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
> -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include   -DCOINUTILS_BUILD
> configure: Trying to determine Fortran compiler name
> checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... unknown
> configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for CoinUtils
> *** Error code 1

Have you checked the config.log yet?

I’ve been able to successfuly build math/blas and
math/coinmp using x86_64-sun-solaris2.11 on SmartOS.

What you might encounter is a Oracle Solaris-specific issue,
but without knowledge of config.log entries it’s hard to tell
what is going on.

I know that it might be time consuming, but: Could you try
to rebuild and reinstall your gcc7 package?

otis