Re: Daily packages for NetBSD/amd64 current

"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:

> I run a stable branch of NetBSD, so I would ideally wish for packages
> built for NetBSD 9 stable, but I understand that that wasn't what you
> needed.

In theory, 9.0_RELEASE and 9.0_STABLE have the same ABI and thus
packages from one may be used on the other.  So far, we are not aware of
any violations of that same-ABI rule.

There are 9.0_STABLE 2020Q2 packages available for amd64 at:

  https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/x86_64/9.0_2020Q2/All/

but TNF build systems do not, so far, create and distribute builds of
pkgsrc head.

> Lastly, I like the idea of being able to build my own binary packages
> using the same bulk-build setup across all platforms that I need.  (I
> also like the idea of using binary packages on all platforms built from
> the same bulk-build setup, but that doesn't apply here for me because I
> would need packages built for NetBSD 9 stable.)  So, your addition of
> support for NetBSD to pkgbuild is *highly appreciated* as NetBSD was the
> last platform that I needed that wasn't supported by pkgbuild!

Other than thinking this is a nice contribution, something I agree with,
I don't follow this paragraph.  Bulk builds are for a particular OS, OS
version, pkgsrc version, and thus if you want packages for multiple
tuples you need multiple setups.

Especially if you want only a limited set of packages, running pbulk
yourself should be quite doable.