Re: Daily packages for NetBSD/amd64 current

On 07/25, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> I needed a NetBSD-current system for testing pkgin changes, and
> figured I may as well also set it up for daily package builds.
>
> So if anybody would like a repository for the latest packages then
> head over to https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-netbsd/ to install
> the bootstrap kit.

Hi, Jonathan!

This is great news!  Thank you!

I run a stable branch of NetBSD, so I would ideally wish for packages
built for NetBSD 9 stable, but I understand that that wasn't what you
needed.

I really like it that all your packages are signed; very nice!

I also really like it that the bootstrap kit bundles the certs from
security/mozilla-rootcerts so that HTTPS works out of the box!

Lastly, I like the idea of being able to build my own binary packages
using the same bulk-build setup across all platforms that I need.  (I
also like the idea of using binary packages on all platforms built from
the same bulk-build setup, but that doesn't apply here for me because I
would need packages built for NetBSD 9 stable.)  So, your addition of
support for NetBSD to pkgbuild is *highly appreciated* as NetBSD was the
last platform that I needed that wasn't supported by pkgbuild!

BTW, the Package Development wiki pages at

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/wiki

need to be updated to include NetBSD.

Thanks again for this contribution!  Great work!

Lewis