Re: cmake needs -ltinfo on Linux

On 16/06/2020 02:00, adr%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand what do you mean. I'm not talking
about removing curses.buildlink3.mk. What I'm trying to say is that
adding terminfo.buildlink3.mk will add terminfo to netbsd, and is
not needed.  The solution is to let the package peak -ltinfo if
ncurses is split.

Let me say it one more time

Use curses.buildlink3.mk if you need curses
Use terminfo.buildlink3.mk if you need terminfo

If the package needs both (hint, setup_term *is* a terminfo function) then use both.

ncurses|tinfo is not the same as netbsd curses|terminfo.
cbreak is in netbsd curses.
If ncurses is split, cbreak is in libtinfo.

ncurses is broken then.
POSIX states that cbreak is in curses.
https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcurses/cbreak.html

However, that doesn't stop us from adding a cbreak test to the terminfo.mk files like we do for curses features or from adding terminfo to the package even if it doesn't really use terminfo from a NetBSD perspective.

NetBSD has had terminfo since 2010 (that long? heh), so it's hardly new.

Roy