Re: cmake needs -ltinfo on Linux

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 02:38:16AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:28:25AM +0000, adr%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > > NetBSD has had termcap/terminfo split from curses since forever.
> > > If the application uses curses then use the mk/curses.*.mk files.
> > > If the application uses terminfo then use the mk/terminfo.*.mk files.
> > > If the application uses termcap then use the mk/terminfo.*.mk files.
> > >
> > > You can use curses alongside either terminfo or termcap, but not terminfo
> > > and termcap.
> > >
> > > Roy
> >
> > Yes, but in netbsd curses will be sufficient, in linux with split ncurses,
> > you have to add both. That's what happened when I compile the tarball without
> > pkgsrc, cmake sets -lncurses -ltinfo. That part of the code is disable by
> > the patches. But the code already is a mess.
>
> But cmake *does* depend on curses.
>
> Joerg

I'm sorry, I don't understand what do you mean. I'm not talking
about removing curses.buildlink3.mk. What I'm trying to say is that
adding terminfo.buildlink3.mk will add terminfo to netbsd, and is
not needed.  The solution is to let the package peak -ltinfo if
ncurses is split.

ncurses|tinfo is not the same as netbsd curses|terminfo.
cbreak is in netbsd curses.
If ncurses is split, cbreak is in libtinfo.

adr