Re: Fwd: Re: Patch to update Exim to 4.93.0.4

On 16/04/2020 16:12, Mike Pumford wrote:
On 16/04/2020 14:30, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

shells/bash is an example of a package with a somewhat similar patch
policy. Hopefully it's similar enough that it can be done.

Thanks for the hint and to Greg for his hint on the other list will take a look at both bash for hints on how to manage patch series and also consider creating an exim-fixes (or something similar) wip package.

I do sympathise with the release only strategy. I suspect I'd want to do the same given the wip release valve for awkward cases.

Looking at the critical fix I need I might be able to distil that into a single patchfile that could be used in the main exim package until exim decides to do a release again. ;)

That might be a good way to make the main package usable for everyone. I will also work on the wip version to track the fixes branch somehow even if its just a direct fetch from github.

Mike