firefox-74.0.1 build failure

Hi,

I have reported this in another thread which dealt with firefox not
building under NetBSD v.8; it wasn't noticed, I suppose. I thought it
was something gone wrong in my infrastructure, but can't figure out
where does it come from.

Basically, 'make configure' almost immediately fails with
sh: 1: Syntax error: ";" unexpected

Running 'make -d all configure' shows the problem in a long command
invoking the configure sh script (which further invokes python2.7),
the problem is in the first few characters - it starts with
set -e;ulimit -d `ulimit -H -d`; ; ulimit -d `ulimit -H -d`; ;
                                  cd
/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/firefox-74.0.1 && ....

Notice the duplication of the ulimit command (obviously harmless, but
why?) and the double semicolons, twice. This is illegal syntax for sh.
bash and ksh, but works fine for zsh and curiously fails for ksh93
only interactively, working as part of a script. I am still not able
to figure out how the above is generated. It happens with firefox-74
and firefox-74.0.1; in the mean time I built without problems
firefox-esr  (I understand it is older version and the build system is
very much evolving).

My 'solution' for the moment was - for the duration of the build - to
hide /bin/sh and hard-link /usr/pkg/bin/zsh to /bin/sh - which works
so far, firefox-74.0.1 is building, but obviously is not something one
should be doing.

Any ideas?

Chavdar

--