Re: www/firefox fails to compile for me

On Tue 07 Apr 2020 at 22:41:06 -0400, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> I also haven't been able to get Firefox 73 or 74 to build on 8.x. The
> last success I had was with 72.0.2. Most recently I see failures
> occurring during Rust compilation, same as has already been reported.

I was at version 69 and I could not upgrade because the about:logins
page (I think that was the name) was broken in the later version, and
downgrading to the longer term support version was also not possible
(firefox now refuses to use your profile if it has been touched by a
newer version). So I backported 69 to compile in the previous branch,
and it still works in this branch (at least it built for me). It is in
wip/firefox69-2019Q4.  Maybe it helps some other people too.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on