[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Announcing the pkgsrc-2020Q1 release
Thanks to all pkgsrc maintainers for a great release.
However it seems the pkgsrc web site has not been updated properly, as it still mentions 2019Q4 as the latest release, and points to that release.
Hope this helps.
The pkgsrc developers are proud to announce the 66th quarterly release
of pkgsrc, the cross-platform packaging system. pkgsrc is available
with more than 20,000 packages, running on 23 separate platforms; more
information on pkgsrc itself is available at https://www.pkgsrc.org/
In total, 335 packages were added, 163 packages were removed, and 2,323
package updates (to 1,762 unique packages) were processed since the
As well as a large number of new Haskell-based packages, for the 2020Q1
release we also welcome the following notable packages additions and
changes to the pkgsrc collection:
- Blender 2.82a
- Firefox 68.6.0, 74.0
- Go 1.13.9, 1.14.1
- LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
- MATE 1.22.2
- Mesa 20.0.2
- Mono 220.127.116.11
- Mutt 1.13.4
- MySQL 5.6.47, 5.7.29
- NeoMutt 20200320
- Nextcloud 18.0.2
- Node.js 8.17.0, 10.19.0, 12.16.1, 13.11.0
- PHP 7.2.29, 7.3.16, 7.4.4
- pkgin 0.15.0
- pkglint 20.1.1
- PostgreSQL 9.4.26, 9.5.21, 9.6.17, 10.12, 11.7, 12.2
- Python 3.6.10, 3.7.7, 3.8.2
- Ruby 2.7.0
- Ruby On Rails 18.104.22.168
- Rust 1.42.0
- SQLite 3.31.1
- VLC 3.0.8
- WebKitGTK 2.28.0
- WeeChat 2.7.1
- Xfce 4.14.2
We say notable goodbyes to:
- Go 1.11, 1.12
- Many legacy GNOME2 packages
- MySQL 5.1
- Ruby 2.2
- Ruby On Rails 4.2
Changes to the pkgsrc infrastructure:
- Overhaul Fortran selection, preferring gfortran where possible.
- Stricter checks for SUBST_*, and expanded tests and performance
improvements for portability checks.
- Support virtualsize ulimits.
- USE_PKG_ADMIN_DIGEST enables SHA256 digests for file identification
rather than the $NetBSD$ CVS identifier.
- Improvements and updates to the Haskell infrastructure.
Instructions on using the binary package manager can be found at
http://pkgin.net, and pkgsrc itself can be retrieved from
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc or via cvs or tar file -- see
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/getting.html. The branch name for
the 2020Q1 branch is "pkgsrc-2020Q1".
Jonathan Perkin - Joyent, Inc. - www.joyent.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |