Re: Soft link issues on APFS (Apple File System)

pkgsrc, links and some packages do not play well together.

Before building, do "cd `pwd -P`".

However, your problem seems like something else.

  We invested some time looking into this issue and we suspect that the
  issue is related to the way APFS is handling soft links.

Please explain.   I am not saying you are wrong, but you have not said
enough about why for anyone to be helpful, let along change anything.