Re: How do I update all my installed packages from source?

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:23:57 -0400
Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> It seems the magic (emphasis on the word magic) command is something like:
>   pkg_rolling-replace -u
> - can that be documented?

Is is, on the wiki page.

> - can 'make replace' at the top level invoke it?

I've always considered the ability to run pkgdb mutable targets like
install and update at the top or category levels a bug. Nobody would
ever want to install the entire pkgsrc and besides it could never work
because of conflicting packages.
Maybe those targets could direct the user at documentation instead.

Kind regards,
-Tobias