Re: database/mongodb3 build and runtime issues on netbsd-9, with patch

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 02:32:58PM +0100, Adam wrote:
> > I run mongodb3 as a dependency for net/unifi. After upgrading to
> > netbsd-9 and trying to rebuild against pkgsrc-2019Q4, I ran into a
> > couple of issues. There's a missing header for shared_ptr use, and
> > it appears mongodb likely wants to run fdatasync against either
> > directory [1] or read-only file descriptors. The attached patch works
> > around both of those issues and also upgrades to the latest minor
> > version on the 3.4 branch. Tested and running on x86 netbsd-9.
> >
> > 1: https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/administration/production-notes/#fsync-on-directories
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Thank you for your patches.
>
> Can you diff your changes against pkgsrc-current? I've already updated mongodb to 3.4.24 and came up with another fix for fdatasync(). Yours is probably better, and should also be applied to databases/mongodb. :)

I see Greg has submitted patches to databases/mongodb3, thanks!

I have no experience with databases/mongodb, and the power supply in
my beefy test machine has died, but I'll see if I can't test somewhere
else.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds