Re: Multiple Rust build failures on 8.x and 9.x

On 21/02/2020 15:19, Havard Eidnes wrote:
NetBSD 8 i386:
running: /comp/obj/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rust-bootstrap/bin/cargo
build --manifest-path
/comp/obj/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rustc-1.41.0-src/src/bootstrap/Cargo.toml
--frozen
Shared object "libssl.so.14" not found

NetBSD 8 has libssl.so.12 in /usr/lib and libssl.so.1.1 in
/usr/pkg/lib.

Hm, yes, I made the mistake of building the bootstrap on NetBSD
9.0_RC1.  I'll see if I can update the bootstrap to one built on
8.0.

Okay but that means the package needs to be marked as needing 8.x compat libs as a build dependency. I ran into that problem before on 9.x i386 on the last version as it wanted libssl.so.12 which didn't exist inside my chroot environment untarred from the 9.x sets.

I do appreciate the nightmare that building the rust bootstraps for NetBSD must be :(.

Mike