Re: gnutls options for www/squid3 (Re: c-icap-modules not available anymore on pkgin command)

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 07:36:59AM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2020-01-26 at 23:18 GMT, Matthias Ferdinand wrote:
>
> > +# squid3 not compatible with openssl >= 1.1.x
> > +DEPENDS+=             openssl<1.1.0:../../security/openssl
>
> You can't do this, no such version is available in pkgsrc, so this
> would break bulk builds.  If support for OpenSSL 1.1.1 cannot be
> backported then the ssl option needs to be removed.

Would it suffice for bulk builds if "gnutls" was set as default instead
of "ssl"?

This version check was just meant as a defensive change. If someones
life depended on the squid certificate daemon, he would see a message
about openssl versions and if he really must, he can then cvs checkout
the old openssl version of openssl (at least when using pkgsrc current).

But I don't use the cert daemon, so I'm not really opposed to entirely
remove the "ssl" option.

Matthias