Re: Difference between regular pkgsrc and Joyent pkgsrc?

* On 2020-01-27 at 01:54 GMT, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> What is the difference between regular pkgsrc, downloaded by cvs
> from NetBSD site, and Joyent's fork?

The branches are documented here:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/wiki/about:workflow

> There was a message that I can't find any more, about some packages
> in Joyent's fork that are not in regular pkgsrc.

You might be thinking of https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-joyent, this
is just an additional repository, not a fork, of packages we are
working on that aren't yet ready for mainline pkgsrc, or may never be
suitable.

> I keep up with regular pkgsrc by cvs but have not downloaded
> Joyent's version.

I wouldn't recommend using our bits unless you have a specific reason
for doing so, for example if you are using our binary packages.