Re: Unable to build mysql55-client NetBSD 8_Stable (Open SSL 1.1.1 related?)

John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> writes:

> As a sidenote, we should probably bump the default in
> /usr/pkgsrc/mk/mysql.buildlink3.mk .  I suggest bumping it to 57
> since that gives us more than 3.5 years without adding the surprises
> that may come from a major new release series.

That would make sense, but the default is 57 now, changed on

  revision 1.22
  date: 2018-02-20 08:21:45 -0500;  author: wiz;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3;  commitid: KfLCJZOId6NQhBrA;
  mk: bump mysql default to 57.

>      I'm having trouble finding a good link for a document, but
> these are the dates I found:
>
> 5.5 eol: Dec. 3rd, 2018
> 5.6 eol: Feb. 5th, 2021
> 5.7 eol: Oct. 21st, 2023
> 8.0 eol: April 2026
>
> Note that 6.x and 7.x major release numbers were skipped.

Thanks; things on mysql.com are remarkably hard to follow.

The dates you gave align with what's in wikipedia, so I updated DESCR.