Re: Firefox 71.0 and saved logins

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 23:24, Dave Tyson <dtyson%anduin.org.uk@localhost>
wrote:

>> I seem to have found a particularly irritating issue with firefox 71.0 on
>> amd64 under NetBSD-current NetBSD-8 (and probably 9 - but not tested)
>>
>> If you go to a website which needs a password FF will dutifully ask if you
>> want to save it. If you do then it will fill in the username/password field
>> on subsequent occasions correctly.
>>
>> If you go to preferences -> logins and passwords and ask to see a list of
>> saved logins it reports there are none. You cannot add new entries either.
>>
>> There a message on the console (if you start from a shell):
>> Javascript error: resources:///modules/AboutLoginsParent.jsm, line 185
>> Error:
>> AboutLoginsParent: Subscribe message the remote type didn't match
>> expectations: null == privelegedabout
>>
>> which might be significant.
>>
>> Not sure how to fix this but its a real PITA. Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Did you have to create a new profile when you upgraded?
>
> If not, maybe the password files (key4.db and logins.json) are corrupted.
>
> Refs:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/dedicated-profiles-firefox-> installation#w_what-profile-changes-were-made-in-firefox-67
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-> data#w_what-information-is-stored-in-my-profile
>
> --
> Ottavio Caruso

Mike,
Thanks for the  confirmation on NetBSD-9

Ottavio,

I deleted the .mozilla directory before starting firefox so all the profile
stuff was re-initialised. I did have a look at the jsm files and located where
the error message originates - it does look like something isn't being set and
so internal checks are failing. I may try and put on a slightly older release
and see if that also shows the problem - it it doesn't then it might be
possible to see what files have changed...

Dave