Re: Old package in wip

voidpin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I've just started packaging and pushing to wip, so I'm rather new to all this.
> I've found https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc-wip/tree/master/awesome4 on wip

Yes, that looks older than what is in pkgsrc.  The rought procedure is
basically to write to MAINTAINER (if not pkgsrc-users) - both MAINTAINER
of the wip pkg and the pkgsrc one.  And perhaps the people that last
touched it substantially.  If not hearing back, and the wip package has
not been changed for a long time, and it's clearly older, and there's
nothing useful in it relative to what's in pkgsrc, then delete it.

A quick scan makes it seem likely the wip one is just old and no longer
useful.